Expanded metal sheet for leave-in-place concrete forming applications
This leave-in-place sheet is typically used to form footings, bulkheads, grade beams, pile caps and blindside walls. The expanded metal sheets are easy to cut, lap, splice, bend and pierce, minimizing related forming costs. When concrete is placed, the ribs and mesh are embedded in the structure, providing a rough surface for subsequent concrete placement.
- Reduces labor and material costs compared to traditional forming methods for wall joints and “buried” applications.
- Saves cycle time because the sheet remains in place, only supports and bracing are removed, and form stripping is eliminated.
- Allows concrete placement to be visually monitored, reducing the risk of voids and “honeycombing.”
- Simpli esformjointsandpiercingssorebar operations can continue, or be revised, with minimal obstructions.
- Provides a quick-to-install joint option in the event of schedule change, ready-mix interruption or other unanticipated problem.
- Utilizes the existing rebar in structures, like grade beams and pier caps, to eliminate placing and removing temporary supports.
- Eliminates the cost associated with handling, setting, stripping and cleaning conventional formwork.